London Modern Architecture Walking Tour
Click on your preferred date to be put through to the bookings screen:
“Insider London’s Modern Architecture tour was a great way to get a fresh look at the city! We were shown both the iconic buildings and the lesser-known ones and gained an insight into the planning process and the stories behind the buildings. What better way for architecture buffs to see a city?”
– Dr. Christina Amiet, Senior Consultant of GBA Heritage Architects, Sydney
Discover London’s hidden architectural wonders, and get the inside story on some of its most iconic buildings. As this highly comprehensive walking tour moves through three architecture hotspots of London, you’ll also discover how the city as a whole has been planned and built. All in all, 30 London buildings, skyscrapers and developments will be covered, showcasing numerous outstanding aesthetics and innovative approaches.
Whether you’re a group of professional architects, a student or school group or an interested individual, our enthusiastic experts will tailor the tour to your architectural understanding.
London Modern Architecture Tour highlights include:
- London’s tallest and most cutting-edge skyscrapers
- A sneak preview at the latest addition to Tate Modern
- The controversial eco-building loved by some but also named ‘Worst New Building’
- The futuristic walkways intended to cover all of London
- The influence of Roman London, St Paul’s Cathedral and World War II on London’s current layout
- A complex, multi-faceted building made of just three different pre-cast shapes
- Discovering the future of London’s buildings and skyline
“A wonderful experience with a professional and knowledgeable guide. It meant we made the most of our time in London.”
– Mike Barker, Consulting Engineer for the Built Environment, South Africa
After meeting at Southwark tube station, the walking tour crosses the Thames and heads to the most unusual, extravagant and futuristic buildings in London’s financial district. The tour lasts approximately three and a half hours, including a coffee break to let you experience one of the most exciting stops for yourself.
We also offer a 2-hour Sustainable London Architecture Tour. showcasing 15 different approaches to green building.
“The tour took me to some great little corners which I would never have even stumbled across. London is rich with culture and hidden gems – thank you for showing me some of them! ”
– Bruno Taylor, Industrial Designer, London
“It was great to be surprised by intriguing facts about places I have known for years, and to discover old and new wonderful and hidden places I never knew existed.”
– Virgil Yendell, Archaeologist, Museum of London
“A human level fly-through of some of the greatest buildings in London. It showed me interesting buildings that I’d never spotted before.”
– Vincenzo di Maria, Eco-Designer, London
BOOK YOUR PRIVATE ARCHITECTURE TOUR NOW using the form below, or by dropping us an email.
Bespoke tours. focussing on topics such as sustainable architecture, London’s future architecture or more traditional buildings can also be delivered. Click here to find out more information.