Cost to Remove an Acoustic Ceiling
Looking for a fast, accurate estimate of the cost to Remove an Acoustic Ceiling? This FREE online calculator uses the latest material costs, unit productivity rates and region specific wages to create instant, no-obligation estimates for your Acoustic Ceiling Removal project. For a basic 500 square feet project in zip code 47474, the cost to Remove an Acoustic Ceiling averages $0.78 - $1.36 per square foot* - but costs in your area will vary. To estimate costs for your project:
1. Set Project Location Enter the location is where labor is hired and materials purchased.
Cost to Remove an Acoustic Ceiling - Notes and General Information
Homewyse cost estimates are "ballpark" ranges for basic work performed in normal, serviceable conditions. The estimates should only be used for preliminary planning. Homewyse estimates are NOT substitutes for firm quotes from qualified vendors. Homewyse strongly recommends that you contact reputable professionals for an accurate assessment of work required and costs for your project - before making any decisions or commitments.
The cost estimate includes:
- Costs for local material / equipment delivery to and service provider transportation to and from the job site. Costs to prepare the worksite for Acoustic Ceiling Removal, including costs to protect existing structure(s), finishes, materials and components. Costs for job cleanup and debris removal at project completion. Labor setup time, mobilization time and minimum hourly charges that are commonly included for small Acoustic Ceiling Removal jobs.
The cost estimate does not include:
- Unless explicitly noted in the description of work, this Acoustic Ceiling Removal estimate does NOT include costs for relocating, repairing, modifying or enhancing existing structural, HVAC, electrical, ventilation and
plumbing systems - or bringing those systems into compliance with current building codes. General contractor overhead and markup for organizing and supervising the Acoustic Ceiling Removal. Add 11% to 19% to the total cost above if a general contractor will supervise this project. Sales tax on materials and supplies. Permit or inspection fees (or portion thereof) required by your local building department for your overall project.
Cost to Remove an Acoustic Ceiling - References
- How to Estimate the Cost of Installing and Finishing Drywall American Society of Professional Estimators, Jul 2011, Estimating Today Carpentry and Building Construction, Student Text Glencoe/McGraw-Hill; 6th edition, Jan 2003, Mark Feirer, John Feirer, ISBN 007822702X Recommended Levels of Gypsum Board Finish The Association of the Wall and Ceiling Industries, Mar 2012,
Acoustic Ceiling Removal - Average Cost Per Square Foot
Expect to pay in the high end of the estimated price range for a licensed, bonded and insured contractor and for complex or rush projects. Hire carefully, only after verifying prior work quality.
For the best value on Acoustic Ceiling Removal: combine related projects; get bids from several pros; and be flexible about project scheduling.
Help the homewyse Community
We're a cooperative community that values and depends on your input. So, let us know - how can we improve this site? Would your friends and online contacts benefit from homewyse information? Make homewyse better for everyone - send your feedback or share this page. Many thanks!
- Send your feedback or questions .
- Share homewyse on Facebook, Twitter or Google+ using the buttons below: