Flush Casement Timber Windows
Our range of flush casement timber windows have been designed with a range of innovative design features that combine traditional aesthetics with modern technology. This product is ideally suited to conservation projects such as the renovation of grade 2 listed buildings making them one of Dempsey Dyer's most popular timber window products.
The below specification details our open out flush casement windows. A range of cill, frame thickness, finish and ironmongery options are available together with your choice of timber sash option. Traditional butt hinges and casement stays, or modern high security espagnolette locking systems are also available.
- Similar to our Stormproof range, our flush casement windows utilise mushroom bolts and shootbolts. Our standard espagnolette locking systems have achieved more than 7.4Kn which is more than double the requirements of BS7950. They have also been endurance tested to 40,000 operations and have been salt spray tested for 500 hours by the BBA.
- We utilise the benefits of two different friction stays in our timber flush casement window range. All our top hung windows and side-hung egress windows use a hinge that is manufactured in the UK and available as austenetic for enhanced corrosion resistance. For our heavier side hung sashes, we use a heavy duty hinge ensuring that the product will perform for many
years to come.
- Our internal design team are able to tailor our product to suit the most extreme exposures. Our flush casement timber windows benefit from a full dry gasket glazing system available as externally or internally beaded. The dry gasket glazing system ensures any moisture penetrating the external glazing seals has an escape route and therefore eliminates standing water from the rebate, significantly reducing the risk of rot, warping etc.
- Currently we do not have our flush casement window registered with the window energy scheme, however, our close links with BM Trada allow us to quickly simulate both whole frame u-values and window energy ratings should projects require this. Please contact our sales team to discuss further.
BS 7950 Security:
- This window utilises the same high specification ironmongery that achieves the BS 7950 certification on our timber open out Stormproof window but has yet to be tested in its own right. If your project has a specific requirement for this, please contact our sales team who will be happy to assist further.