An independent sales representative, often known as a manufacturer’s representative, is a commission-based independent contractor representing your service or product lines in a particular territory. Outside sales, marketing, and customer service are all handled by independent reps. LASR independent reps’ line cards frequently list numerous linked, non-competitive products for a well-defined environment. The commission, training, sales materials, and payment schedule for independent salespeople are all started in the sales rep agreement.
Manufacturers, distributors, importers, sales rep agencies, and service providers hire contract sales reps. This type of salesperson is distinct from those who sell “within” showrooms or over the phone. Customers can be reached by phone, at trade exhibitions, or in showrooms by an Independent Sales Rep.
Their primary goal, though, is to travel in the field. A rep’s core competence is the ability to work face-to-face with buyers, display your products, conduct training, solve difficulties, and convert leads to sales. Independent Sales Representatives frequently carry many complementary product lines and cover a large geographic region to serve the account base adequately. The size of an area is usually determined by its ability to offer reps an adequate income stream to cover travel and sales expenditures.
The Advantages of Using RepHunter to Find and Hire Independent Sales Representatives
- The database of qualified representatives is kept up to date at all times.
- Our representative search option provides you with high-quality leads.
- You have complete control over your sales rep’s opportunity listings.
- Support is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, toll-free.
- Daytime chat support with excellent customer service is available.
- Never miss a contact opportunity with Contact Request Rollover!
- Sales reps can make as many contact requests as they want.
- There are no limits to the number of searches, areas, or marketplaces you can conduct.
- You can cancel or deactivate your subscription at any moment; you can opt-in and out as needed.
- For only $99, you can reactivate your subscription at any time.
- Before automatic renewals, you will receive an email reminder.
Get a copy of your contact history.
Independent sales agents can assist you in increasing revenue, cutting costs, or breaking into new markets. You want to get your new product to call as soon as possible, but you’re working with a limited budget. What are your options if you don’t want to spend the time or money putting together a sales team?
Working with independent sales representatives—also known as manufacturers’ representatives or manufacturers’ agents—who sell items or services directly to clients for the firm or companies they work for is one option. Unlike employing a salesperson, you don’t have to worry about health and retirement benefits when you hire a rep because you’re not liable for them. You may have to dole out some money.
Working with independent sales agents has several advantages, one of which is tapping into their current network of contacts. This usually ensures a company’s products and services have a concise path to market.